Friday, June 6, 2014

help needed...

Computer help that is. I'm in crisis. I hate when I arrive at something that needs to be done, but I'm too dumb to do it.
Shockingly it doesn't happen as often as you think.

I need a computer techie/nerd/geek/god to help me fix my PC. Or at least perform last rites.

I'm having hard drive issues. And while I do have a partial backup on one of those external back up thingies (technical term) it's about a month old and there is some data newer than that, that I really REALLY need.

So if you can help, or know anyone who can... please email me or leave a comment here with your email... whichever.

Thanks.

Until then, I'll be in the corner weeping softly.

2 comments:

Commishbob said...

Is it dead? Are you able to get the machine to boot? There are some excellent file recovery tools out there if it's a matter of files being trashed on a hard drive you can get into. If the drive is dead you may need to bring it in to a shop and bite the cost bullet. I've yet to see a drive that can't be salvaged, at least as far as getting the files off.

zman40 said...

Sorry I can't help you with your computer. But, if you can find a way to get online, make sure you finish up my contest by filling out a bracket.

Good luck!