Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It is the set that never ends.... 2008 UD Timelines

Four of five months ago at trade night for one of my local shops, they had some "Trade Night Specials."
I purchased a couple of boxes... one of which is this one. 2008 Upper Deck Timelines. They call it Timelines because it will take a person eons to complete it.
 
Let's see what $25 gets me. I've already busted a box of this...okay, maybe two, in a futile effort at completing the set.
 2 autos per box..... but only 18 packs per box. And according to the wrapper, 8 cards per pack, 6 of which are short prints.
 What??? 144 cards in a box and 108 of them are short prints??? My head hurts. Let's just look at the pictures from Pack One...

Ichiro Suzuki
 Tim Lincecum pre-hair
 Greg Smith (I have no idea who plays for the A's anymore.... not since Lansford, Weiss, Henderson, Henderson, etc...
 David Murphy... I pulled the auto version of this in one of my other boxes
 Joey Votto reminding me to clean my scanner AGAIN....
 Matt Holliday
 Jay Bruce - Reds Hot Pack!

 and finally Troy Tulowitzki
No idea which 6 of those are SP's... but even though I still need a 160 cards of a 385 card set, I only got two new cards. Something tells me no one will ever finish this set... least of all me.

6 comments:

night owl said...

I'm told someone finished the set. I don't remember who, so maybe it was a dream.

I just know I gave up. Like the set. But it's too high-maintenance.

hiflew said...

Wow that's would be great pack for me. The Tulo and the Holliday are 2 of the 3 I need for my team set.

Are they dupes for you or do you need them?

I thought for about 30 seconds of starting this set, but then came to my senses.

gcrl said...

i'm still trying, but it's on the back burner for me.

here's what i still need in case you have some to trade...

http://gcrlwants.blogspot.com/2008/11/2008-upper-deck-timeline.html

arpsmith said...

I have actually completed the set, it was a long and painful process but it is done. After you crack that box drop me a note. Maybe I have some dups I can send your way.

Nachos Grande said...

I am still working on the set (I'm almost done with it)! Here's what I need: #235, 276, 279, 288, 300, 302, 308, 332, 336, 341, 345, 356, 361, 363, 366, 373, 374, 375

I also have a boatload of cards available from the set (see the list here: http://fanofreds.blogspot.com/2009/08/2008-upper-deck-timeline-for-trade.html

The Angels In Order said...

Yep, I'm another thats been working this set as well. That dang Dollar Tree got me started.