Monday, June 6, 2011

My easiest trade ever.

I don't do a lot of trading with other bloggers much anymore. It takes a lot of time, which I always seem to have none of. I prefer the old way. I get a stack of cards of a certain team, then fire them off to someone as a surprise. It's fun, and does not take any time at all.
However, most of the kids trade nowadays, so time to get with it.

I was perusing my blogroll the other day when I found a post from Bo of Baseball Cards Come To Life fame.
Bo had issued a plea, NAY!, a cry for help. He was missing one card for his 1991 Fleer set. Ryne Sandberg. Well looking through my box, I found 8 or so and decided I could spare one. I put out an email to Bo saying I would send him one.
He told me to look through his tradelist for something I wanted. This made me a wee uncomfortable as asking for something in return for '91 Fleer is bad mojo. I said I would send him the Sandberg gratis, however if he really wanted to send me something, there was a card I liked.

Of course Bo sent it.
1983 Topps #411. One card closer to my Braves team set. Awesome.

Thanks Bo!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Do you have any Washington Nationals that might be looking for a home? My email is cable1234@yahoo.com.