Saturday, November 20, 2010

Some Fly Mail....

A wee while ago, Colbey, aka Flywheels commented on wanting a card I had posted. I said sure, no problem. I put it, aand whatever else I could find laying around in the numerous piles I have going on into an envelope and sent it off.
As usual, he did the same and then some. Among the huge stack of cards he sent, I pulled a couple of my baseball faves to share here. I say baseball faves because the swap initiated with football, and he sent some football cards as well, which I'll share later on....

Chipper! I got 4 or 5 Chippers I didn't already have, including this one. I really like this set and hope to finish it one day.
 A game used Jeffrey. I think he'll end up in Kansas City this year after hitting over .300 for Texas last season.
 A BMac Turkey Red. I have no idea if this is from the Turkey Red set, or one of the eleventeen Turkey Red insert sets they did. Could Topps publish a worse website?
 And a few shiny Topps Chrome to tell me once again it's time to clean my scanner. Tommy, which I had already, but dupes are welcome...
 and Chipper! Which I didn't have until now.....
the addition of Mr Jones means I now only need #174 Jason Heyward to complete my 2010 team set.

Thanks Colbey!

3 comments:

Derek Hill said...

Thats nice. I love the Frenchy card, its nice!

I'm also a brave collector and would love to be added to your blogroll.


http://tomahawkchopping.blogspot.com/

cynicalbuddha said...

To answer your question no Topps could not put out a worse website. I've lost count the number of posts I've bitched about that very topic. "What is this customer service you talk about?"(said with thick russian accent) Oh and I pulled a Million Card giveaway card with only 8 characters!! You need nine for the code!! I was just going to put random letters or numbers in but i'm not sure if it's the front of the card or back.

cynicalbuddha said...

Sorry I meant to say that I don't know if the character goes in the front of the code or back. So angry turning green must drink Dr. Pepper grrrrrrrr oh and nice haul.