Wednesday, September 16, 2009

the latest shiny

A few posts ago, I voiced a displeasure with modern baseball cards. It was the A&G that pushed me over the edge, though blame cannot fall directly on it's shoulders.
Did I stop collecting? Hell no. I just went a few different directions. I'll show you one of those compass points today.
Football is big in my house. I've said it before boys, the second you find a young, hot blonde who knows the difference between a Tampa 2 and a two deep zone, marry her. That's what I did.
Happiness is....
But I digress, back to football. It's football season. Kinda like Wabbitt season, but without the gunfire. (now that Plaxico is behind bars)
This is the only card collecting that my wife takes any interest in. Thus, the 5 boxes of new, shiny wax on the way, due to arrive shortly... but she focuses on the last 3-4 years. I, have an appreciation for the Vintage. Capital V.
Behold my latest acquisition;
Nice, sharp corners, bright colours, nice sheen to it. Only the slight off center detracts from perfection. Or does it?

6 comments:

Motherscratcher said...

I think it's appropriate, the card being slightly off.

If you want it perfect then send it to OJ. Tell him you heard he's good with a knife and ask him to trim it up a little bit.

Captain Canuck said...

26 minutes.... not bad. I didn't think it would take that long...

night owl said...

Hmmm. Football as a topic and the only two players mentioned are criminals. That's about right.

Matt Runyon said...

Sounds like you married well.

those 70s football cards are great. I plan to restart my football collection once I accomplish a few of my baseball goals.

madding said...

I guess that means I should find someone who has an appreciation for early '90s Pro Set.

Anonymous said...

Nice acquisition. Hey, if the glove fits, right?