Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's all my fault...

over this past weekend, and Monday as well, I spent about 5 total hours working on my new photoshop program. I wasn't working on the new Goose Joak set that I'm lucky enough to be involved in. Those cards are easy compared to the project I had taken on.

Armed with my Photoshop 7 for Dummies book, and an '89 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. card, I spent 4 to 5 hours turning that card into a brand new '09 Ken Griffey Jr in a Braves uniform. When I was done, I was very proud of my efforts. It was not like anythin Topps does. You really could not tell that it wasn't supposed to be that way.

I was ready. Ready to post it proudly after the announcement.
When I got home last night, I read the announcement.

Then I deleted my work that I was so proud of.

I'm beginning to really hate the offseason.

4 comments:

Motherscratcher said...

It's a blessing in disguise. Unfortunately Griffey is washed up. It's tough to take because we all want him to be good like we remember him. But, he's not. He's done. Better to give a youngster some experience.

Motherscratcher said...

Especially in the NL were he can't even DH. He has to kill you in the field to hit the occasional HR.

Goose Joak said...

Might as well post it now! I'd love to see it.

I agree with previous commenter...you're probably better off without Griff. Matt Diaz is better.

dayf said...

This whole offseason has been one snub and insult after another. The good thing is the rotation is a thousand times better than it was last year and the only prospect we gave up was Flowers. At least Frenchy and Glavine finally signed, now they can concentrate on not sucking this year.

Motherscratcher's right, it's time to see if Jones or Blanco are any good and it's time to let Anderson or Shaefer take over in center. If they all end up washign out, we still have some loot left over to sign or trade during the season. Unfortunately I will never, ever, EVER like griffey again. Which sucks because the guy is completely ubiquitous in Upper Deck products.

Let's take a deep breath and cross our fingers for a Chipper exention through 2012 so he can retire a Brave.