Thursday, January 1, 2009

Rare 1976 Topps Rookie Find!!!

An unbelievable find! A 1976 Topps Chipper Jones Rookie!
Yes! 17 years before his debut, Topps had the forethought to release a rookie card of a lock Hall of Famer.
Who am I kidding? There is no way Topps and forethought should ever be in the same sentence.
This beauty is from Dave at Goose Joak. If you've never read his blog, go and check it out.
Pure Awesome.

Look at the card! Off centre, left to right! Nice! And the corner! Top right... bent! Beautiful!!
1976 is the year I would collect if I could. I've started with the Braves team set, and only need a couple more to complete it... But being where I am, there is no way I could ever find singles... I'll have to keep an eye out for a lot or box on the 'bay...

Thanks Dave! If only I had a hard copy............

2 comments:

Joe Martelli Jr. said...

WOw! I'm not a fan of Larry Jones, but I want that card!

Goose Joak said...

Thanks for the link!! Your commentary was awesome, too :)

I'm just thrilled that you enjoyed the card.