Monday, January 26, 2009

another football box break....

This time we took a chance on 2007 Donruss Threads. I bought a couple of boxes from this seller, and he said I could get another two boxes in the same package for no extra shipping. These are the sellers that take all my money....
All Day on the front. Sweet. It went down hill from there.

Base cards:

They have simple fronts.... not my favourite, but the wife liked 'em.... the backs are horribly plain and under utilized...
I haven't sorted them to see how close of a set I got yet... I remember seeing a few doubles but not many.

The "Hits"

Blue Parallels #'d to 350 - Westbrook, Spencer, and Naanee
Good cards... mainly because I really like Spencer as a player... but what is that???
Nice. Saving a bit of money by not printing the "OOK"??? His base card has the same problem.
Other parallels-
Jackson #'d to 200, McCauley to 999, and a one per box Century Star of Marvin Harrison
Framed Gridiron Kings:
Ronnie Brown 22/50, Johnnie Lee Higgins 08/25 and Corey Dillion
I really like these.... but here's the thing. If you don't buy this stuff by the box, you may never get these. All three came in the SAME PACK!
And the big hit of the box............
Charlie Frye Jersey 075/250
If you"re gonna give me a jersey card of the third string quarterback of the Seattle Seahawks in his old jersey.... you better make it brown with an orange stripe and have him autograph it. And while you're at it, paperclip a $20 to the back for good measure...
Sweet Jesus.

6 comments:

stusigpi said...

Wow, that was Super......Crappy.

Retail box?

Captain Canuck said...

Jeff jumps right to the $10,000 question.

what we saw here was 24 packs of hobby goodness.

I just threw up a little in my mouth...

stusigpi said...

I'm sorry, I really thought that was retail. I was confused by the number of parallels.

Walking a bit sideways for a day or two?

dayf said...

Please tell me this wasn't the best of the FOUR boxes you bought?

Captain Canuck said...

I kinda worded that wrong... I bought four boxes of wax. Only one of this crap.
I'm thankful for the little things...

Motherscratcher said...

Ah c'mon, that Chaz Frye card is SWEET. He's the next Ken Dorsey, only not very smart.

The only player in league history to get traded during the second quarter of the 1st game of the season (and you'll never convince me otherwise). That's important. It's HISTORIC!