Sunday, December 21, 2008

Update...

So after calling umpteen tech service places... I find out that it will cost me anywhere from $150 to $300 to fix my computer. And no one will guarantee success. Awesome.
Nothing like getting raped over the holidays.
So here's my solution. I went to a local parts store and bought a 1 Terrabyte hard drive on sale for $99. I'm going to pull out the old one, put in the new one and re-install windows. Once that is up and running, I'll reconnect the old one and scan my important files using another new virus scanner. Then I'll nuke the old one completely.
I'll then reconnect the old one and load windows on it. I'll never use it, except for backups of important things.
If this ever happens again, I'll have a backup hard drive and my downtime will be an hour or so.

Take that techie rapesters!!!

(ye gods, I hope this works...)