Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Chuck!

Wow. Quite a run on birthdays in the month of Novemeber. Today's is Braves pitcher, Chuck James. Happy 27th!
To celebrate, may I present you my rainbowchuck. 2006 Topps Finest. I think I got them all... but I'm sure there's a 1 of 1 SuperEbonyXXXfractor game used jock patch somewhere.



Chuck is one of the toughest men in baseball. Not only did he break both wrists before the entry draft, and pitch later that season.... he was bitten by a venomous Copperhead snake and did not seek medical treatment.
If you look carefully, you can see Chuck's belt is made out of that snake.
Underneath his hat, is not a full head of hair, but another fist.....

2 comments:

dayf said...

I don't understand how he could pitch so effectively two years ago and then nearly triple his ERA last year. He pitched fine in Richmond, so I don't think it was an injury.

night owl said...

I'm not even a Braves fan, but Chuck James RULES. For the snake thing and all the other tough guy stories I've heard about him. I'm rooting for him.